Yesterday (July 20th) I spent the morning building my porch railing for the Gallery House while waiting for a couple of friends to show up for another project (they were moving their belongings from a storage unit to a space in our west house).
I acquired the ballast posts from Habitat Restore in Brookings for $1 each and also the lumber, nails & paint!
It only took a couple of hours to build the railing and to install it. May not be fancy but it does the trick!
Once I got the railing built, I began painting it. That helped a thousand fold to make it fit into the look of the porch!
The next step will be to finish the painting of the porch trim and eaves of the house as well as the extra wide door trim that was installed earlier this spring.